Gerald D. Hines Waterwall Park
The Gerald D. Hines Waterwall Park, located at 2800 Post Oak Boulevard, is 2.77 acres and features a 64-foot semi-circular architectural fountain that re-circulates 11,000 gallons of water per minute as it cascades down the water wall structure’s inner and outer walls. The Hines Waterwall Park, surrounded by 186 live oak trees, has been and will continue to be the community centerpiece for Uptown Houston, the nation’s 14th largest mixed use business center.
Nearly 35 years ago, in 1983, the Gerald D. Hines Waterwall Park was created. Now a public park owned by the City of Houston, the Hines Waterwall Park was previously privately owned. In December 2008, with the support of Mayor Bill White, the Uptown Houston Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) recognized the opportunity to preserve an important amenity and purchased the Waterwall and the adjacent 2.77 acre park. This investment by Uptown Houston has made this landmark a public park and ensured its existence in Houston for years to come.
Open daily from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Park Rules Prohibit:
- Climbing, playing or bathing in Waterwall basin
- Reckless behavior and excessive noise
- Outdoor cooking or fires
- Glass bottles or containers
- Alcoholic beverages
- Use of weapons or firearms
- Activities that disrupt the use of the park by others
- Use of bench, including use to store materials, that interferes with its use by others
- Skateboarding, rollerblading or bike riding
- Flying kites
- All sports, including but is not limited to football, baseball, soccer, Frisbee, etc.
- All pets must be leashed
- Pet waste must be picked up and disposed of properly
A Permit is Required for:
- Group functions
- Special use / special events
- Use of amplified / electronic sound devices
- Selling or promoting food, drinks, merchandise or services
- Exhibition or performance for money
- Commercial photography or video or the use of a tripod
- Usage of any park area for an exclusive use
- Operation of a motorized vehicle or riding a horse
- Click here to download a permit application
- Gerald D. Hines Waterwall Park complete list of park rules (PDF)
For questions or additional permit information, please call 713-850-8841